YATE LIBRARY Open Access library induction
South Gloucestershire Libraries are open for additional hours when staff are not present. Now you can click and collect your reservations, browse and borrow, make use of the PCs, printing and free Wi-Fi for longer every week.
To use this service, you must have an Active Leisure and Library card and attend a short induction session (allow 30mins for this). Please arrive in time for the start of your session - your membership can only be enhanced for Open Access after you have completed an induction session in full.
If you don't have an Active Leisure and Library card, it’s free to join the library and you can do this on the day of your Open Access induction. Please allow extra time for joining the library, by arriving 20 minutes in advance of your Open Access induction time.
Please bring your existing library membership card with you to the induction session as well as proof of address, such as your driving licence or a utility bill (no more than 3 months old).
The induction will cover:
· The door access panel and how to use it with your existing library membership card
· Tour of library and equipment and services available
· How to leave comments/queries for staff
· How the library closes at the end of an Open Access session and what warnings to expect
· What to do in an emergency including location of emergency exits, position of customer phone and how to use it
Find out more about Open Access, including the other terms and conditions of membership
*Minimum age for Open Access membership is 16 years
Children under the age of 16 can use Open Access but must be accompanied by a parent or carer at all times, who will be responsible for their safety. From the child's 16th birthday they should complete an induction and register for Open Access in their own name.