Workplace Mental Health First Aid Training Course (2 Day)
You can book your place on this excellent training course here or you can book securely direct via our website at mhfa999.co.uk.
This excellent two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider in the workplace/community, giving you:
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well-being.
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
The cost of our open access courses is £220 +VAT (£264 INC) per person and includes all learner materials, tea/coffee, & lunch. Costs for in-house training for your organisation can be requested by e-mailing us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Two day face to face course across four manageable sessions
• Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
• Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
• A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
• A manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
This excellent 2 day training course is split into 4 sections:
Day 1 morning:
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• The Mental Health First Aid action plan.
• What is mental health?
• Impact of mental health issues.
• Stigma and discrimination.
• What is depression?
• Symptoms of depression.
• Risk factors for depression.
• Depression in the workplace.
Day 1 afternoon:
• Suicide figures.
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health.
• First aid for suicidal crisis.
• Non-judgemental listening skills.
• First aid for depression.
• Treatment and resources for depression.
Day 2 morning:
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• First aid for anxiety disorders.
• Crisis first aid after a traumatic event.
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders.
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders.
• Cognitive distortions and CBT.
• Personality disorders.
• Eating disorders.
Day 2 afternoon:
• What is psychosis?
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
• Treatment and resources for psychosis
• Recovery and building resources
• Action planning for using MHFA