Working with the Strengths in your Team
What motivates you? What motivates the people in your team? How do you enable people to work together and what are the conflict triggers that you should avoid? We invite you to reflect on working with your circuit team.
Using Total SDI (Strength Deployment Index) we’ll help you discover what influences us and others, how our motives influence our behaviours.
SDI provide valuable insights and a proven learning method that can be used to develop better leaders, build more effective teams, and reduce the growing costs of conflict.
In order to fully participate with the day you will need to complete on line assessments which will be sent to you. The costs of the test will be covered by the Ministry Development funds.
The event will run from lunchtime to lunchtime from 29-30 January 2020 at Cliff College and will bolt onto the Superintendents' Induction Part 2. This will be led by The Revd Richard Andrew (Chair of the Darlington District) and The Revd Paul Wood (Ministry Development Coordinator).
Paul and Richard will help you unpack your strengths as a leader, to identify the strengths of your circuit team and identify where some of the challenges of working together might come from.
What last year’s new Super’s said:
- Helpful in reflecting on who I am and what makes me tick!
- Well worth the time and money invested in the programme
- Excellent programme
- An understanding of different personalities and how to accommodate and help them and be able to work well
- Having time to consider how I operate/use strengths etc in a team
- Learning more about different approaches to developing strength/ conflict
- It gave me a bit more insight into my own leadership styles
- Self awareness through the SDI process
The updated Connexional Team Privacy Notice is now available