Working with Older Adults and Alcohol
Designed for: Social Care staff who come into contact with older adults who may be at risk of alcohol misuse
- Be able to identify adults that may be at risk
- Understand why older adults may drink alcohol
- Knowledge of where you can signpost older adults to
- Understanding of behaviours and coping strategies
Evaluation methods: Staff learning forms
Policy and Legislation:
- Rights & Safety Policy
- Adult Support and Protection Policy
- Falls Management
- Managing relationships: Empowering people; working in partnership; leadership; empathy; dealing with conflict.
- Managing self: Professional autonomy; lifelong learning; flexibility; confidence; resilience; accurate self-assessment; awareness of impact on others; Awareness of wider context.