All registration information must be completed ahead of the session. It ensures that we comply with information about health and allows us to record information for the Test and Protect contact tracing legislation.
The welfare of our players and coaches is central to our activity and we will be following SFA guidelines for the sessions. This will mean:
Health & Hygiene
- Do NOT leave your home to attend the sessions if you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19. Contact 111 and arrange for a test.
- 2-meter physical distancing must be maintained at all times, this includes when you cross the white line at the end of a session.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve. Dispose of your tissue into the bin on the Astro or place it in a plastic bag and take it home. Wash your hands afterwards for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- All coaching will take place outdoors: the gym is out of bounds. Please dress appropriately.
- No changing facilities are available.
Before the Session
- You must travel to the session in your own car, no car sharing is permitted outside your household.
- 2-meter physical distancing must be maintained at all times, including parents collecting their children.
- Access to the Astro is through the South Stand gates, no access from Knowetop car park
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home to go to the Astro (or use a 60% alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible).
- Our coaches will use a non-contact thermometer to take the temperature of everyone at the Astro gate. The thermometer allows the coach to maintain social distancing. Anyone with a reading above 37.5° cannot enter the pitch
- Ensure that participants do not share water bottles or food
- Ensure that participants take all their equipment away at the end of the session: the changing rooms are not in use.
- Participants can wear masks and gloves for the session if they wish. They must provide their own PPE.
- Coaches can wear masks and gloves for the session if they wish. PPE is supplied by the Trust.
- Physical intensity will start low and increase gradually.
- Handshakes, high fives and group celebrations are not allowed.
- Please avoid using your hands at any stage during the activity.
- Spitting is not allowed.
- Goalkeepers must bring their own gloves which they cannot share. These must be sanitized befor and after the session.
- Although physical fitness is something which may have decreased during this break, the focus will be on technical and tactical development
- Players should stay well hydrated at all times drinking plenty of water with regular small sips from their own bottle.
- We will maintain an accurate register of attendees, times and dates to allow contact tracing if required.
- The coach will inform all players and parents of the entry and exit protocol at the Astroturf Facility, including hand sanitising on arrival and departure.
- Stray footballs should be kicked/dribbled back to position and not picked up.
After the Session
- Time has been allocated before and after sessions to ensure that there is no crossover of groups
- All equipment and toilets will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected
- Please vacate the car park as soon as possible to ensure safe distancing
We recognise that this seems a substantial list but we will, as always, be following guidelines closely. By doing so we hope that a return to a more recognisable form of our sport is not too far away.