Visual Data with Tableau 1-Day Course, London
Visual Data with Tableau
Tableau Desktop Fundamentals
This course will work through techniques of using the Tableau interface to effectively create powerful visualisations.
It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
Please bring your own laptop, or arrange beforehand to use ours.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Editing, filtering and extracting a data source; Tableau Data Extracts (TDEs) & why / when you should use them,
- Edit and save a data source.
- Create basic calculations including,
- basic arithmetic calculations
- custom aggregations and ratios,
- date math, date handling,
- and quick table calculations.
- Dates and date calculations
Creating your first visualisations
- Represent your data using
Represent your data using the following visualisation types, inlcuding but not limited to:
- Cross tabs, Tables, Matrixes;
- Geographic maps
- Heat maps
- Tree maps
- Bar charts, Column Charts, Pie Charts, Area Charts, Line Charts;
- Cards and Gauges,
- Dual axis charts,
- Scatter plots & Bullet charts
- Enhancing your visuals:
- Formatting features
- custom colors and labels
- Enhancing the data insights:
- filtering and slicing
- Parameters, grouping, hierarchies.
- Build dashboards to share visualisations.
- folders & hierarchies.
- A quick look at the do’s & don’ts of visualizing data.