Once Upon A Time (2 day retreat for practitioners)
This 2 day, (non-residential) interactive and experiential "retreat" for practitioners, is an opportunity to experiment with stories, dreams and creativity to discover ways to enrich and nurture your inner world, and develop resources and resilience for your work with others. My focus will be to facilitate your journey with yourself over the two days, and to provide a safe, restorative space, where you can take your own process at your own speed.
- find wisdom, insight and connection for yourself
- create new ways of experiencing integration of resources for healing, nurture and resilience
- deepen your ability to hold, care for and protect yourself, as you offer this to others in your work
Taking my lifelong interests in story, spirituality and creativity, and integrating these with principles from psychotherapy, I will share methods I use personally and professionally for exploring our inner world and reclaiming resources that may have been lost. Some of these are practices I have developed over the past 25 years, others are methods I have been taught, in particular through intensive training with Dr Clarissa Pinkola Estes, (author of "Women Who Run With The Wolves, Jungian analyst and storyteller).
There will be some teaching of key principles and underlying theory, and the majority of our time together will be spent "learning through doing", using participants' dreams, favourite stories and classic fairy tales. There will also be guided reflective space to enable participants to process and integrate their experiences in contact with nature, in the peaceful garden surroundings of the Salisbury Centre.
Participants will need to bring
- a notebook - large pages if possible
- a dream or two that are memorable and seem to have stayed with you
- your favourite story from childhood - this can be a fairytale, a childrens' book, or even a film you watched as a child, that is important to you in some way
- lunch (full kitchen facilities are available or you can find food in a nearby Tesco)
- Comfortable clothing - all kinds of seating will be available including cushions for those who prefer to work on the floor