STEM Ambassador, group leader and teacher networking/planning session
A small and informal networking session / meet 'n' greet for STEM Ambassadors and interested teachers and community group leaders who work with children (e.g. Guide/Scout Leaders) or all ages – Primary to Sixth Form.
Teachers & Group Leaders: Want to inspire your young people in STEM?
- Meet some of our STEM Ambassadors interested in getting involved in schools
- Discuss your needs as a teacher/leader and how we can help find suitable volunteer support for you - for example to run 'lunch with a Scientist' sessions, STEM activities, or linking to careers to meet the Gatsby benchmarks.
- Work with others to sketch out activity plans that work and place requests for volunteer support.
STEM Ambassadors: Want to get involved? Join us to…
- Meet teachers and find out how you can get involved in school - perhaps you have an activity you'd like to offer, or you just want to find out how you can help?
- Find out more about getting involved in the Big Bang Fair South East, or offering a Nuffield Research Placement to an A-level student this summer.
- Complete ID checks for Disclosure and Barring Service checks
The session will start with a light icebreaker (similar to something you could do in school with young people) to get people chatting. If you would like to, there will be the opportunity to talk to the group for a few moments about what you hope to do (either as a STEM Ambassador or teacher) and what kind of support you’re looking for – just let us know. We will then work together to plan activities and put solid plans in place.
STEM Ambassadors - need an ID check for your DBS certificate? Before visiting for your ID check please ensure you have started your DBS application, and bring the same identification you have specified on your application. You will have received emails about this but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries
Map of buildings on the Moulsecoomb campus:
Parking is free in the evenings (permit restrictions don't apply), but please leave time to park as due to building works it’s quite restricted. If you can’t find a space in the carpark, local on-street parking is free and there is also a retail park just down the road.
The building is served by several Brighton bus services (see
STEM Sussex coordinate the Sussex region of the South East of England STEM Ambassador Hub which is led by Canterbury Christ Church University.
We look forward to meeting you!
STEM Sussex, Watts Building room 401
University of Brighton, Brighton, England, United Kingdom