SQL Intermediate 3-Day Course, London. Classroom or virtual classroom.
SQL Intermediate 3-Day Course
Because of the Corona-Virus Situation, we offer the courses online only until further notice.
With MS SQL Server , one can with the use of queries, easily and quickly retrieve valuable information, trends, summaries, statistics and insights from your company data.
Audience: Candidate who would like to gain a beyond basic to intermediate understanding of a SQL database and MS SQL Server commands.Prerequisites: No existing knowledge on SQL is required. Experience with data is helpful. Familiarity with relational database concepts is helpful but not required.
SQL Course Desciption
Session 1: Database Concepts
Revision of database basics. What is a database? Tables, rows and columns, Indexes, primary keys, unique constraints and foreign keys. Data types.
Session 2: Using the SQL client
SQL Getting started and Logging in, Selecting a database, Client commands, Entering and executing SQL statements
Session 3: Basic SQL SELECT statement
The SQL SELECT statement, Case sensitivity, Quotes, Statement terminator, Syntax conventions, The select clause, The FROM clause, Conditions and the WHERE clause, Boolean operators (AND and OR) and SQL conditional operators (=,!=,>,<,IN, and BETWEEN).The ORDER BY clause, Column aliases, Arithmetic expressions, Null functions (“IS NULL,” “IS NOT NULL,” , "Isnull",“Coalesce”), Precedence of operators
- LIMIT / TOP
SQL AGGREGATE Functions:
- Aggregate (Sum, Average, Maximum, Minimum, Count), Group By, Rollup with Group By, Having.
- SQL Cartesian products,
- SQL Joins (Inner join, Left join, Right join, Full join) Table aliases,
- Natural joins, Join using, Join on,
- Multi-table joins,
- Union, Union All, Except, Intersect
- SQL Subqueries,
- Basic Subqueries,
- Nested Subqueries,
- CTE Tables
- SQL Numeric Functions (ABS, SIGN, MOD, etc.)
- SQL Built-In String Functions (Locate, Left, Right, Concat, etc),
- SQL Built-in DATE and TIME functions
- SQL Views (Create, alter and drop)
- Stored Procedures with Input and Output parameters
- Custom Functions, Table and Scalar
Session 8: Creating Databases and Tables, Constraints
Session 9: SQL Indexes
Session 10: Managing Data
- Inserting rows,
- Updating rows,
- Deleting rows, The truncate statement,
- The COMMIT and ROLLBACK commands, Savepoints, Implicit commits
Session 11: SQL Server Access Control
Creating users, Renaming users, Dropping users, Granting privileges, Revoking privileges
Session 12: Import data into SQL and Export from SQL