Sketching in the Anglican
The Anglican Cathedral is a unique historical and iconic architectural feature of Liverpool. This sketching session is a mixed ability class suitable for experienced artists who want to experience drawing in this unique location or beginners looking to learn useful skills to help record the world around them.
Saturday 2nd May OR Saturday 27th June
- Looking at different ways of drawing architecture
- Using tonal drawing to deal with lighting effects
- Experimenting with different materials for dealing with effects of light
- We will talk about approaches to your drawing referencing different artists to provide context and pointers on how to approach the problems involved
- Quick drawing exercises about creating thumbnails sketches and planning out a tonal scheme
- Tips on getting believable Architectural proportions and establishing a sense of scale in drawing
- Then different ways of rendering the effects of light in tone
- Long drawings
- Group critique and feedback sessions
Ticket holders will need to bring a set of pencils, erasers and an A3 sketch book.
Dress appropriately as the site can get a bit chilly when sitting still.
Feel free to bring a snack with you, although there is a cafe on site. Accessible toilets are available.
Spring/Summer Programme 2020, Saturday mornings 10:00 - 1:00pm
2nd May OR 27th June
The Anglican Cathedral
St James Mt, Liverpool
Parking is available at the cathedral for £3.50 for 3 hours.
£25 for one 3 hour class.
There are a maximum of 15 places available on each course, so early booking is essential.
To avoid a booking fee and pay by card, cheque or cash, please contact dot-art Services directly on 0345 017 6660
Cancellations / Refunds
Once you have made your course booking your are committed to it. This is because our courses have very small student numbers, and often sell-out and are unavailable to others. Therefore any cancellations may result in a place not being filled, or a course not being able to run.
Cancellations are permitted up to six weeks before the start of a course, and a full refund will be issued. Refunds will not be made for cancellations less than six weeks before the start of a course. If you are unable to attend due to illness, personal or professional commitments you do not have the right to a refund.
If you wish to cancel your place on a course that has not yet started and you have a friend or colleague who can take your place we can accommodate this substitution.
dot-art and Williamson Tunnels may use your details to contact you about forthcoming events, classes or developments that may be of interest.