Shoreditch Secret Food Tour
The East End is a diverse, multi-cultural neighbourhood which has shaped Shoreditch into a thriving, bustling area with independent shops and buzzing markets. Walk through the local streets and get immersed by the vibrant and mouth-watering international cuisines that are on offer from the shops, restaurants and stall holders that will not fail to impress you!
By booking our award winning Sunday Shoreditch Food Tour your guide will take you on a culinary and historic journey uncovering the many layers that make up the area, helping you to discover its hidden gems. You will get to sample the spectrum of mouth-watering flavours that make up this unique neighbourhood with influences including British, Jewish, Bangladeshi, and Ghanaian to name but a few. We will ensure that you are well fed and nourished not only by the excellent food, but also by a greater understanding as to how life in the area was like in the 18th century and the influence it has had to shape the modern-day neighbourhood that you experience today.
Our guide will offer you a whole new perception of London. We will escape the crowds in our early morning tour and help you discover some intriguing spots that tourists often miss. Our entertaining guides will educate and tell stories of the East End and all its best kept secrets including the zoo market, roman burial grounds, and the French silk trade.
Our passionate guides will lead you through Shoreditch, sampling an array of yummy offerings, however you'll need a chance rest, recuperate and rehydrate yourself, but don't worry we have this all covered!
During your food tour, our guides will entertain you with stories about the area, and by the end of your tour you will surely have a greater understanding of the city's food, along with some top tips about the best places to visit.
When you come on the Sunday Shoreditch food tour you will get to sample many delights:
- Firstly, you will stop off at the 24 hour Beigal shop for a doughy satisfaction of freshly baked beigals - which have been the prime attraction since the late 19th century.
- Your local guide will point out some of the main highlights before heading to the famous Ghanaian Cocoa Truffle shop - Here you will be taken to into a Chocolate Heaven with a unique atmosphere! You will be blown away by some of the finest truffles around. You will be spoilt for choice as you pick some of your own delights to indulge in.
- Explore the exciting indoor food market with delightful smells overwhelming as you walk around. When you return, a treat is instore as you try one of the popular Indian dishes around!
- Your personal guide will take you to a "Unique street food from the market" where you will get to try a favourite snack popular within the Asian community.
- If you are lucky enough you will witness some street artists in action!
- The tour will then take you down the narrow-cobbled streets to a historic pub where you will get a chance to sit and try some refreshing Truman's Ale.
- Want to try some of the best Fish and Chips in the East end? - Poppies is the next stop - selling fresh fish and triple cooked chips wrapped in paper printed newspaper - the old-fashioned way!
- What better way to end with a nice cup of English Breakfast Tea and some freshly prepared English deserts (carrot cake / lemon tart / chocolate brownie)
- Oh, and of course we cannot forget the Secret Dish too...
Please note: the itinerary is subject to change, based on the locations availability and weather.