The Scottish Eel Conference (Postponed)
The event will be a day of diverse talks focused on efforts to better understand and conserve the critically endangered European eel. A list of the speakers are below. Talks will focus on the incredible journey of the eel from the Sargasso sea to Europe, the threats facing eels and the work people across the world are doing to preserve eel species. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the first eel conference in Scotland and shape the conservation of the species. Policy makers and leading professionals will be brought together to discuss the future of eel conservation. You could have your say!
This mysterious animal still hold many secrets and collective efforts are helping to unveil some of the answers. From the enthusiasm generated by this event we aim to increase the efforts to conserve and understand eels in Scotland as well as diversify funding opportunities for these projects.
Tea, coffee and lunch is included within this free event!
Registration is needed on the day. Please let us know if you book tickets and can no longer make it.
Please contact Jack Wootton if you have any questions - email@example.com
- Willem Dekker (Sustainable Eel Group)
- Derek Evans (Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute)
- Andrew Kerr (Sustainable Eel Group)
- Joe Pecorelli (Zoological Society of London)
- Pat Close (Lough Neagh Fishermens Co-operative Society)
- Peter Glenser QC (9 Bedford Row)
- Harriet Alvis (West Wales Rivers Trust)
- Jack Wootton and Nim Kibbler (Forth Rivers Trust)
- Plus discussion panel and open Q&A
More to be confirmed