Rock n Roll Camden Walking Tour 2020
Alison, a certified guide for the Borough of Camden, will take you on a walking tour of the famous and infamous sights of Camden's Rock n Roll history.
Camden Town in North London has a long and colorful musical history...from rock n roll to psychedelic to punk to ska to new wave to Britpop and beyond...All the greats and not so great have performed, drank and lived in Camden Town...The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Sex Pistols, David Bowie, The Ramones, The Clash, Blondie, Joy Division, Madness, The Smiths, Blur, Oasis, Pulp, The Libertines, Amy Winehouse, Adele, Elton John, George Michael, The Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Lady Gaga, Prince...etc...
Take a walk on the wild side through Camden's music history with Camden local and girl about town Alison...I moved to London because of Camden's music history, specifically because of Britpop. I've drunk, danced, seen gigs and hung out at most of the pubs, clubs, bars and music venues in Camden over the past fourteen years. If I haven't experienced some of the stories I'll be telling myself, I personally know someone who was there.
Some of the sights included in the tour are:
- The pubs where Amy Winehouse hung out, played pool and performed...and the Amy Winehouse statue.
- The surprising place the punk band The Clash lived, rehearsed and worked.
- The location of where Britpop started back in the 1990's.
- The official Madness pub.
- The venue where The Door's gave their only U.K. performance.
- An eyewitness story of the Great Fire of Camden!
- Hear about Prince's love affair with Camden.
- See the last place where Sid Vicious performed in the UK.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No one under the age of 18.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
You can take the Northern Line to Chalk Farm Station or a variety of busses including 24, 29, 134, C2
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
That's alright, tickets can be transferred to another person.