RIBA Future Leaders 2020: Developing a Leadership Mindset
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, this event will be livestreamed only. If you have any queries about livestreaming then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Future Leaders runs as a three-part programme, consisting of three individual half-day events at two-month intervals. Sessions on key soft skills are delivered by experienced coaches, communications experts and thought leaders, while delegates also benefit from the invaluable applied knowledge and experience of some of the UK’s leading architects.
RIBA Future Leaders: Developing a Leadership Mindset – 26 March 2020
Future Leaders 2020 launches with a dedicated session on developing a leadership mindset. To be effective as leaders, it is necessary to start with our self-perception and self-awareness. Why is leadership important? How does understanding yourself as a leader impact on your behaviour, and how others see you? Are common (mis)conceptions about what it takes to be a leader realistic? How can empathy drive great relationships and the ability to influence without authority? Finally, what values drive you and for what purpose would you lead?
The programme will be led by leadership coach, Anne Fogarty. For over 16 years, Anne has helped leaders and teams to maximise their performance, with clients including Douglas Wallace Architects, the BBC, Virgin Atlantic, Catalyst Housing, and more. She will introduce a theoretical framework for leadership and deliver interactive sessions designed to challenge your thinking about your role as leaders, understand how to motivate teams and manage performance, and get you thinking about leading change over the three days of the series. We are delighted to welcome highly regarded architects from leading UK practices who will share their personal and professional experience of leadership.
This event is RIBA CPD Approved. It is worth 3.5 hours of structured CPD.
Speakers and coaches:
- Anne Fogarty, Leadership Coach
- Tracy Meller, Partner, Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- Delia Harmston, Sheffield Studio Director, HLM Architects
- Emma Zangs, Communication and Movement Coach
What you will learn:
- What it means to lead and why it matters
- How to nurture your authentic leadership style
- Why emotional intelligence matters
- How to communicate with impact
- Navigating leadership challenges in practice
A virtual Speed Mentoring evening will take place from 6.30 to 7.30pm. Delegates will be matched with three mentors for 20 minute informal mentoring sessions via video link. Join us for a rare opportunity to learn from and network with a group of 30 highly respected industry leaders including:
- Chie Shimizu, Partner, Weston+Williamson
- Carl Vann, Partner, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- Karen Mosley, Managing Director, HLM Architects
7 May, Future Leaders: Leading Teams 1 July, Future Leaders: Leading Change 16 September, Future Leaders: Alumni Social
Please email email@example.com or call 020 7307 3749 should you have any questions about the programme or tickets.
- A photographer may cover this event and the images will be used to publicise future RIBA events
- By registering for this event you consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as a visitor attending the event
- Cancellation or transfer of name must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds are only accepted 7 days before the first event your ticket is valid for
- If the RIBA has to postpone or cancel the event then you will be notified via email
- On entry to the event you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules
- The details you provide will be used in line with the RIBA's GDPR obligations
- For information on how we will handle your personal data please see our