Resilience Practitioner Training 1 March (9.30 - 17.00)
This course is targeted for individuals who would like to develop resilience within themselves and specifically infiltrate it to the young people around them. Teachers, career advisors, youth leaders, student welfare positions etc. - you are all welcome. Our course goal is to improve resilience and emotional wellbeing in the younger generations.
- Define what resilience is and how to help develop resilience in YP through effective resilience mentoring.
- Understand the importance of relationship/connection and the skills required to develop effective relationship/connection with YP.
- Current issues face – mental health, careers, exams, social media etc.
- Recognise key mentoring tools and how to use those tools to develop effective mentoring plans with YP
- Use the different mentoring frameworks -e.g. GROW, cycle of change
Being resilient helps us deal with the challenges life throws at us.
But, as resilience is not an innate quality, not everyone is resilient. Some of us struggle to adapt to stress or deal with difficult experiences, cope with emotions or furthermore develop trusting relationships. Resilience is an asset that can be developed and nurtured. It can be enhanced through experiences, through learning to adapt positively to adversity and challenges faced.
The Resilient Practitioner session provides key staff within education with the resources, activities and knowledge to support their work with students, creating a more resilient working community. With millions of people impacted by mental illness each year, it is now more than ever we need to engage with students and young people and provide them with the tools necessary to combat adverse situations.
At The Resilience Project we deliver evidence based programmes with industry recognised consultants. Traditionally the course is purchased by an institution to be delivered to a selection of key staff members. Through much demand, we have decided to run our most sort after course as an open session at a fraction of the cost.
19 Elmfield Rd, London, United Kingdom