QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC 4)
As the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF), this qualification provides Learners with a wider scope of practice in pre-hospital care emergencies, allowing for greater employment opportunities. It also forms part of a progressive suite of pre-hospital care qualifications that lead to the QA Level 6 Diploma in Paramedic Practice (RQF).
The QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised pre-hospital care qualification specifically designed for those looking to progress their career within the NHS or private ambulance services as an emergency care assistant, intermediate ambulance practitioner, event medical provider, associate practitioner or healthcare assistant. It is also ideal for those who are looking to work within specialist roles in the military, police and fire services.
Fulfilling the competencies set out in the PHEM skills framework at descriptor level E, this fantastic qualification provides Learners with the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to be able to deal with a wide range of pre-hospital care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health problems and more.
You must attend all 5 contact dates in order to complete this qualification.
11th September | 12th September | 25th September | 26th September | 23rd October
Please also note:
- There is approximately 20 hours worth of reading to complete before the start of the course
- Between days 2 and 3 (2 weeks), you are expected to complete Workbook 1 (approximately 40 hours of work)
- Between days 4 and 5 (4 weeks), you are expected to complete Workbooks 2 and 3 (approximately 80 hours of work) and study for the final exam (on day 5)
- 18 years or older on the first day of the course
- QA Level 3 FREC (or QA approved alternative)
- CPD profile demonstrating 100 hours of study or contextualised practice since completing FREC 3 (please contact us if you have any questions around this)
Please note: Eventbrite charges ticketing fees which are non-refundable. If you wish to book a space on this course without paying these fees, then please visit: