Prventing Escalation of Challenging Behaviour: Emotion Coaching
Emotion coaching is an evidence-based approach that enables children and young people to manage their own behaviour through helping them to understand the different emotions they experience, why they occur, and how to handle them.
What does this course cover?
- What is Emotion Coaching?
- Key evidence and principles underlying Emotion Coaching
- Recognising our response styles
- How we do Emotion Coaching
- Skills Practice
- Tools to use in your own practice
Who is the course for?
Relevant to all teaching and non-teaching staff. It is also relevant to non-school staff who have a direct role working with children and young people.