Northern Economic Summit
Open Forum Events' annual Northern Economic Summit will support the public and private sectors in building prosperity in Northern England through a programme made-up of innovative-yet-practical ideas and case studies. Delegates will hear from movers-and-shakers, including those providing the services, ideas and finance that the public/private sectors need; including chief economic/scientific/public policy researchers, business leaders, local authorities, central government and international diplomats.
The Northern Economic Summit will:
• Introduce delegates to the many financial support opportunities that are available to start up new businesses or expand existing businesses.
• Inform delegates on how they can take advantage of market opportunities, including exports markets and the opportunities available through public sector procurement's £200billion annual expenditure.
• Engage with regional businesses offering secondments to the public sector; developing cross-sector business and leadership skills as well as building new relationships between regional governance and industry.
• Demonstrate innovative case studies of local authorities contending with diminishing support grants and innovating to diversify their income generation.
• Explore in detail some of the major infrastructure investments in transport, construction, and technology; reviewing how they will impact local economies.
• Support the harnessing of skills and talents in the North.