Medical Leaders in Practice
This is a four day programme. It is necessary that delegates must attend all dates in order to complete the programme.
Driving improvements in a complex system such as the NHS is never easy, however, when staff, and particularly medical staff engage with improvement there can be a significant impact on patient satisfaction and safety.
Designed by QI medical leaders for medical colleagues this four day programme will provide the key elements of Quality Improvement. Working with our team of expert improvement advisors, you will be introduced to a toolkit of QI skills and knowledge to develop and manage improvement projects alongside the opportunity to learn directly from the experiences and insight offered from medical improvement leaders in practice.
Attendance at all sessions is required, and the emphasis will be on working and sharing your own QI progress on an agreed improvement project
Who is this event aimed at?
This programme is available to medical staff
- At all levels within AQuA member organisations
- Who would like to develop their understanding and application of QI in healthcare
What will attendees learn at this event / workshop?
Based around the Model for Improvement, the programme will help to including;
- Identifying issues requiring change
- How to build a case for change and planning improvement
- Measurement for improvement
- Understanding the psychology of change
- Engaging key stakeholders
- Maximising learning from traditional audit methods and moving towards supporting continuous improvement
- Understanding of the role of human factors in supporting improvement.
- Effective evaluation to embed and sustain improvements
- Delivering changes across complex environments
- Events are free to all Advancing Quality Alliance (AQuA) member organisations. In some cases, places can be paid for by non-members. If you’re interested in attending an AQuA event and are not a member then contact us at
AQuA@srft.nhs.uk. If you are unsure whether your organisation is an AQuA member, please click here.
- Paid places on AQuA events are non-refundable however can be transferred. If you are no longer able to attend and wish to transfer your place, please contact the team on the details above.
- Final event arrangements are confirmed with the venue up to two weeks before the event. In order to ensure that places are not wasted please let us know at your earliest convenience if you are no longer able to attend. Many of our events operate waiting lists so this will enable us to reallocate your place to someone else on the list.
- We take photographs and occasionally video/live stream at our events. We use these pictures and video on our website and in other media such as Twitter and news publications. If you do not want to be photographed or filmed please let a member of the AQuA team know at the event.
- By signing up for an AQuA event, we will add your contact details to our CRM system and let you know about future events, as well as send you our fortnightly e-bulletin. If you do not want to receive information from us, please let us know by sending us an email to
AQuA@srft.nhs.uk and we will remove your name from our mailing list.
- Supporting resources, presentations and other materials from the event will be made available on our website after the event for 30 days.
- By registering for an AQuA event you consent for us to share your attendance information with your organisation for reporting purposes.
- If the event is held jointly with one of our partners we will share attendee names, organisations and email addresses.
- When you register for this event you’ll automatically be agreeing to our
terms and conditions and privacy statements.