Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma (VTCT)- Liverpool
Our Course Syllabus includes:
Client assessment and treatment
Our tutors will help you develop the correct assessment and treatment methods needed for sports massage. This will include:
• Understanding how sports massage can aid in recovery
• Being aware of musculoskeletal imbalances
• The most appropriate massage techniques for different areas of the body
• How to confidently assess posture and joint range of movements
• Knowing surface anatomy for palpation
• Different soft tissue conditions you may come across
• How to create an effective treatment and/or management plan based on the results from your assessment and treatment
The Theory of sports massage
In order to perform an effective sports massage, it is important to have an awareness of the theory behind the treatment and what it is most commonly used for. Your tutors will guide you through the following:
• Types of tissues and their behavior
• How soft tissues repair themselves after damage has occurred
• The application of stretching and the science behind this
• The most common sporting injuries and conditions you will come across
• How sports massage is used to improve performance
Sports massage ethics and accepted practice
When you are fully qualified and using sports massage clinically, it is vital you maintain the ethics of sports massage and stick to the accepted practice. Whilst on the course the tutors will give in depth detail of the following:
• The code of conduct in sports massage
• The industry standards within sports massage
• Having insurance in order to provide sports massage
• How to build a successful practice
• Keeping records of your clients and the treatments you have provided
• What kinds of events you may work at and what types of massage would be used (pre event/post event etc)
• Working with other professionals within different areas of Healthcare
On this course, you will be shown the importance of client care. This will include:
• Equipment and safety
• Knowing the boundaries for sports massage
• The correct forms of communication and history taking
• How to ensure the clients comfort and reassure them if/when needed
• The benefits of massage and any contraindications (precautions) to look out for before massage.
You must be 16 years of age or older and be physically able to do the work. Good communication skills are ideal however not essential, this is something we can aim to develop and improve during the course.
If you have never had any experience in massage, you will be required to take part in our Introduction to Massage Therapy course (1 day) which will provide you with the basic skills and knowledge before your Sports Massage Course.
To find out more information about our Introduction to Massage courses click here.
Awarding Body (VTCT)
The awarding body of this Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma is VTCT.
“VTCT (Vocational Training Charitable Trust) is a Government-approved awarding organisation which has awarded world class qualifications since 1962”. VTCT is a highly recognised awarding body within the UK and is also recognised internationally, allowing more flexibility in where you work.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a VTCT Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma.
This qualification, along with insurance, will enable you to work as a Sports Massage Therapist either full time of part time.
The VTCT Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma offers an array of benefits. The benefits of attending this course include:
• Structured, independent home study- the tutor will be available for any kind of support via phone, email or post as and when needed
• Top quality and highly professional practical training provided by a fully qualified and widely experienced tutor
• Demonstrations provided via video in order to give more support and practice outside of the course
• VTCT Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma award, highly recognised across the country and internationally
• High employability opportunities following success of the course
• Ability to become a member of Sports Massage Association's
The majority of the course will be hands on practical training and the theory elements will be completed in the class room. As part of the course, you will be required to study at home. You will need to study Sports Massage as well as Anatomy and Physiology modules. You can do this using Sports Massage textbooks or using online resources. It is important you fit in as much home study as possible as your final theory exam will be based on your Anatomy and Physiology knowledge.
Assignments and Exams
You will be assessed on your practical skills when treating a client during your practical training. You will be assessed on a total of 2 clients during your practical training and one final client on the day of your theory exam. All completed practical assignments will be kept in your own assessment book.
• Work Log and Case Study
You will be required to complete a series of case studies outside of the course. You must keep a log of these studies including the assessment cards as these will then be submitted as part of your coursework. You can complete your case studies on your friends or family etc. Further details about the case studies and what you are required to do for each one will be discussed during your practical training.
• Theory Examinations
Once you have completed all practical training, practical assessments and case studies, you will then be ready to sit a final theory examination. The theory exam will be based on anatomy and physiology and will be a multiple choice paper.
Course dates and Location (2020)
Intensive (10 days + exam days)
- Monday 20th July
- Tuesday 21st July
- Wednesday 22nd July
- Thursday 23rd July
- Friday 24th July
*Home Study Break *
- Monday 10th August
- Tuesday 11th August
- Wednesday 12th August
- Thursday 13th August
- Friday 14th August
All days will run from 9am - 3.30pm. Training day times can depend on the amount of learners on the course.
Number attending each course: up to 10 students.
The course address is:
88 Rodney Street
FULL COURSE COST £695
What does the fee's include?
• Registration fees
• Course materials
STUDENT OFFER £100 OFF!
Student ID will be required for a course discount.
Pay a non refundable deposit of £125 to secure your place. We will contact you 10 days before the course for the rest of the payment. Alternatively, you can contact us and pay for the course at any time.
All discounts will be applied to the final amount of your payment (not including deposit).
Following completion of the course along with insurance, you will be fully qualified as a Sports Massage Therapist. This will enable you to work either full time of part time and open up more opportunities to complete further sports massage qualifications.
If you have any further questions regarding the Level 3 Sports Massage Diploma Course please contact your course tutor at email@example.com or call us on 0330 088 8448.