Leeds Young Film Festival: Giant Jury
Join the Giant Jury!
Join the Young Jury and you get to see new films before anyone else and pick the winning LYFF 2020 films. Being on the Young Jury is fun and absolutely FREE.
Join the Leeds Young Film Festival team, get a VIP pass to the Film Festival, which allows you to see as many other films as you want for FREE, a T-shirt and goodie-bag. We’ll provide training on how to review films so that you feel confident about picking the festival’s winners.
All the films in competition will be shown at Carriageworks Theatre between Monday 6th and Thursday 9th April and you must be able to attend at least six of the screenings.
If you are aged 8+ and are interested in taking part please book using this Eventbrite, print out the consent form and bring it with you on your first film.
The films in competition are:
There will also be a selection of short films in competition that will screen before the features.
Does a parent/guardian have to attend with the consent form on the first screening "The Lunnis"?
- Yes, for the first session when you hand in the
What time do I need to arrive on Monday 6 April with the Consent Form and my Young Jury Member?
- Please arrive for 11.15, the film begins at 12:00; but we need to sign everyone in and do a short introduction ahead of the first screening.
What is the upper age limit to join the Young Jury?
- There isn't an upper age limit but the films usually appeal up to around age 14, most are PG and U and have themes and characters that are aimed at younger children.
Does my Young Jury Member need to bring anything with them to the screenings?
- No, we supply pens, paper, notebooks and other tools to feel confident about selecting the Winning Film!
Can a parent/guardian stay with the Young Jury through the film?
- Yes, although during discussions and conversations between the films, we do ask that parents/guardians are sat away from the group. Tickets for 1 parent/guardian at the above Young Jury screenings are free, which you can reserve by contacting the Leeds City Council Box Office on: 0113 376 0318, and quoting the password "JUDGE".
Can my Young Jury Member leave after the films on their own?
- No, they will need to be collected by the named person on their Consent Form.
What time do I need to arrive before and after a film to drop-off or pick-up my Young Jury Member?
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the film is advertised to start, and 15 minutes after the film is advertised to end. During these times we'll be introducing the film, debating and discussing the films, and rating the film to add to our Jury Leaderboard!
Will I need to provide food and drinks for my child if they are staying for more than 1 film?
- Yes, we advise that you send your child with a snack and a drink which they are welcome to consume in the screen, or in the break between films. Please try not to have something too messy or noisy :)