Beginner Mandarin 3 – More than surviving!
※Our April courses are online so you don’t need to worry about Coronavirus disruptions and with the lower online price you can stretch your learning further!※
You’ll expand your Mandarin to more challenging daily life topics, with richer details and increased fluency.
- Enjoy travelling to China with more independence – learn how to check in to a hotel, make specific requests, describe missing items and explain simple situations
- Start to expand beyond simple polite ‘information sharing’ to ‘chit chat’ conversations – expressing likes and dislikes, express conditions, opinion, reasoning, and making phone calls to family and business colleagues on basic routine matters
- Continue to primarily focus on speaking, listening and pronunciation
- Develop confidence to construct sentences with increased accuracy and fluency
- Keep learning ‘building blocks’ of Chinese characters, including a small number of basic characters used in daily life in China
- An enjoyable cultural immersion session – a visit to the Chinese section of the British Museum – to hear fascinating insights into Chinese history and culture!
- Level: similar to HSK 3
Typical topics in this course include:
- Travel – getting a taxi, bus and train, modes of transport
- Asking for and giving directions and basic Chinese street signs
- Talking about the weather
- Able to check-in to a hotel and request basic amenities
- Making requests and asking for permission
- Safe travels – describing missing items and situations
- Expressing likes and dislikes
- Comparative form of adjectives, expressing conditions for activities
- Leisure activities – express reasons
- Leisure activities – express frequency
- Making and answering phone calls
- Problems on the phone
- Revision & consolidation
- Cultural insights: leisure in business
- Chinese characters: common radicals
We use 'Mastering Chinese1 Paperback (Palgrave Master Series (Languages))' as the textbook for Beginner courses. You can buy it
Who Is the Course Suitable For?
- You need either to have completed our Beginner level 2 courses or to have done approximately 35 – 40 hours of basic Mandarin learning elsewhere before you commit to this course.
- Not sure what level you are?
Do this quick 15 minute assessment test, or give us a call on 020 7064 8429.
Free weekly conversation practice with native speakers
- Never miss a lesson with audio files, detailed lesson notes and exercises
- Small class of 5 – 8 people, great opportunity to learn with others and still get a good level of individual attention from your trainer
- Fun immersive lessons to help you speak from day one
- Short lessons (1.5 hours) so you can remain focused after a full day’s work – do less but remember more!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!No quibble refunds available if you are not completely satisfied
- Option to pay a deposit of £40.00 per ticket. Balance is due 14 days before course starts.