GUBC 150th Anniversary Celebrations
We hope you are looking forward to our celebrations in two weeks time! Please find some further information about the event below:
Friday 17th November
Given so many people are travelling (from the US, New Zealand, Norway, France, Italy, and South Africa!) for the celebrations, we thought we’d give you an option for the Friday evening too.
- Format – informal catch up in “Dram” (previously called “Uisge beatha”. We have booked a private room in this bar near the University.
- Address - 232-246 Woodlands Road, G3 6ND,
- Time – Anytime from 19:00
Saturday 18th November
Morning at the boathouse:
- Even if you are not coming to the dinner in the evening, please join us at the boathouse from 09:30-14:00.
- We will be holding a scratch regatta with some alumni already booking their crews in, if you would like a punt (and pint/prosecco) down the Clyde please let myself (email@example.com) or Pete (firstname.lastname@example.org) know soon and we can organise races/a punt for you!
- There will be food and drink and an opportunity to buy some blades or club ties/bow ties, so please come along and see how much (or little) the boathouse has changed!
- Location – GUBC, East Boathouse, Kings Bridge, Ballater Street, Glasgow for those that don’t remember!
Evening – 150th Anniversary Ball
- Time – 18:30
- Location – Trades Hall Of Glasgow
- Address - 84 Glassford Street, G1 1UH,
- Seating arrangement requests and dietary requirements to Laura ASAP - email@example.com
Format for the evening:
18:30 Guests to arrive and be piped into the venue for a welcome drink.
Please arrive promptly – we have quite a full evening!
19:00 Call to dinner
19:10 – 19:20 President’s Welcome
19:20 – 19:30 Guest speaker – Quintin McKellar (Former President)
19:30- 19:45 Starter
19:45-19:55 Guest speaker – Imogen Walsh (former Club Captain of GUBC, and double World Champion)
19:55 – 20:00 Club Captain – Rebecca Vest
20:00 Main Course
21:15 Presentation of Awards
Past Captains invited to make the punch at this point
21:25 Munter Hunter and Willie Fiddler speeches
21:35 Punch ceremony
00:30 The Corinthian Club
Dress code – formal black tie and long dresses, but we would like to see blazers if you have them. We have GUBC Club ties (£10) and Bow Ties (£15) which we can sell to you on the day at the boathouse.
If you have any other questions or queries please let me know on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trades Hall Of Glasgow
85 Glassford Street, Glasgow, United Kingdom