Free CPD course for A level geology teachers
The Department of Earth, Ocean and Ecological Sciences at the University of Liverpool will be hosting this free two-day course that is specifically designed for teachers of A-Level Geology and focused on supporting teaching of the new A-Level Geology specifications.
This course was first offered in June 2019.
During this two-day event we will aim to provide:
- updating lectures
- laboratory practical sessions
- a range of teaching ideas
- teaching resources
- opportunities to discuss good practice
- ways of including mathematical skills
- Sessions planned for this course will include the
- Lithospheric plate motions’
- ‘Microfossils and their uses’
- ‘Cooling magmas & warming country rocks ’
- ‘Hawaiian volcanic activity’
- ‘Palaeomagnetic insights into the deep Earth'
- ‘Core logging'
- 'Stratigraphic forward modelling’
- All participants will take home valuable resources to help
- support their future teaching. All lunches and refreshments
- will be provided during the course.
If teachers require B&B accommodation it can be booked on their behalf, but teachers are expected to settle the bill with their hotel.