Fermented drinks workshop
This class will introduce you to the drink fermentation and equip you with simple practical skills to ferment at home. We will look at the processes and concepts behind fermenting popular drinks such as Kombucha and Kefir.
During the class, we will discuss the amazing world of fermentation. You will learn how to get started with fermenting at home and the best equipment to use. We will discuss flavours and how to get your brew to fizz naturally.
You will learn the techniques to make ferments such as:
- Kombucha Brew
- Kefir dairy
- Kefir non dairy
You will learn through demonstrations and hands on exercises with lots of tips, talking and tasting. At the end of the session you will bring home the brewed drinks you made in class as well as the scoby and kefir seeds.
Here’s what to expect in your fermentation class:
- Complimentary glass of wine
- Soft drinks throughout to keep you going
- Approachable and welcoming host team
- Easy to understand demonstration
- Ferments to take home
- Hands-on fermentation techniques
- Recipes to your inbox and in class
- Fermenting tips, shortcuts
- All facilities, equipment and ingredients are included
- Confidence and ability to make your own ferment
- Ability to improve your own techniques
- Ability to prepare ferments with good quality, easily accessible ingredient
- A true understanding of fermentation techniques
You will also have the opportunity to purchase your own Mortier Pilon Kombucha brewing Jar (5l) at the discounted price of £32.50 instead of £42.50. Please contact a member of our team to pre-book prior to the class.
We look forward to seeing you!
Food Tech Room, Prendergast Vale College, Elmira Street, London SE13 7BN
Buying a class as a gift?
If you want to buy a class as a present but can’t think of a specific date, then you can buy a voucher that is redeemable within 12 months from our voucher shop at