Essential Debriefing Skills (NHS Places) - Day 2 of 2
This programme is specifically for GSTT staff who wish to develop debriefing skills for simulation-based learning.
Part one: the course runs over 2 days and introduces the concepts of structured debriefing, using the diamond debrief model, to facilitate deep reflection, exploration of human factors skills and transfer of learning from simulated experiences to the work place.
Participants will actively debrief simulation experiences and abstract exercises. Using faculty to recreate debrief situations and structured debriefing-of-the-debrief, participants can reflect on technical aspects of the model and how they may facilitate debriefs.
Part two is the coaching phase:
After Day two of the formal training we encourage participants to further practise the stages of the diamond debrief, debriefing with coaching and supervision at the SaIL centre.
- To provide an understanding of debriefing as an educational modality
- To provide a detailed account of the diamond debrief model
- To demonstrate how to develop transfer of learning and application in practice
- To give practise and feedback opportunities to enable competence in using the diamond debrief model
- After completion of the full programme participants will be able to:
- Explain the phases of the debrief diamond model linked to educational theory
- Describe the place of debriefing within simulation-based learning
- Demonstrate components of effective co-debriefing
- Describe the responsibilities of a simulation facilitator
- Demonstrate mastery of the essential skills of debriefing using the diamond debrief model from description through to application
Day 1: 14th November
Day 2: 15th November
*There are 12 places available on each date.
Sherman Education Centre, 4th Floor Southwark Wing
Guy's Hospital , London, United Kingdom