Eco faiths - Women's Training for Trainers
The decision making body of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) has met annually for the past quarter of a century at a the Conference of the Parties (COP). This year, for COP26, they'll be meeting in our very own Glasgow!
People and groups are engaging by getting involved in activism around climate change and our environment in the lead up to the conference in November. Side by Side Scotland are hosting Training for Trainers across 3 cities - Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen - to strengthen women's voices from faith communities as part of this.
If you've ever felt frustrated about how to explain the importance of climate change or how to get people to act, this is for you!
This training opportunity is for those who identify as women of faith.
What will I be doing?
This is a full day training with 2 parts:
1) A training of trainers - how to informally train a group of people on reducing the impact of climate change
2) To build further understanding on the topic by covering:
- The climate emergency; what is happening, why it's happening and who is most affected.
- what we can do in our homes and communities,
- exploring how to reach your faith community
What do I need to committ to?
The purpose of this training is to bring the knowledge and ideas to help tackle the climate crisis back to your community. Please register if you can committ to doing at least one training in your faith community.
Refreshments will be provided but we will not be providing dinner.
Please let us know in advance if you have any particular accessibility requirements so we can meet your needs on the day.