Creating Boardroom Brilliance May 16
This series of morning workshops in association with DCCI is free for directors of small companies in Dorset wishing to attend and to then create their own version of boardroom brilliance.
Who is it for?
Directors looking to ensure their business “punches way over its weight” and that it is in line with the most up to date thinking on governance in small companies
This course will enable directors and managers to develop, implement and monitor meaningful appropriate and relevant governance with confidence.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Introduce great governance practices in their business
- Apply IOD Principles of Corporate Governance for SMEs
- Use a governance diagnostic tool
- Create a risk register
- Use “SOAP” – strategy on a postcard
Participants will consider the following topics:
- The Legal Frame work - Companies Act 2006
- Articles of Association
- Ownership, direction and management
- Roles of directors in corporate governance
- Corporate Governance Code for SMEs
- Strategy and Risk
- Board meetings, agendas and minutes
- Role of the NED and the Chairman
By the end of the course, participants will be in a position to devise an effective governance plan using the tools and techniques listed above.
Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Ling Road, Poole, England, United Kingdom