Bristol Swing Festival 2018
Please use our separate event if you're buying/selling a ticket
TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION, HOSTING
If you're offering or looking for hosting, accommodation or travel shares, please post on this separate event:
Fixed Lindy streams, so you get 9 taught hours with your teachers over 3 days Sat/Sun/Mon.
Rob & Tina - Beginners
Cat & Cam - Lindy Hop Fundamentals
Scott & Trisha - Lindy Hop Repetoire
Ben & Michaela - Savoy Intensive Stream
Ryan & Lana - Fast Lindy
Sharon Davies - Solo
(more detail on classes in post below)
After the dance workshops 4-5 hrs Circus taster classes with high level circus performers, you choose your classes when you register.
There will also be stretch and warm-up / cool-down classes at the start and end of each day.
We're trying something new this year.... we're not going to operate waiting lists. The reason is that most people sit on a waiting list for ages and by the time we can offer a place, are often no longer free to attend. So frustrating for everyone.
25th January 17.00: 1st release, approx 80% of tickets on sale
20th February 09.00: Deadline for any refund requests
20th February 17.00: 2nd release, balance of tickets on sale (will include any cancellations)
- No refunds at all after 20th February, but you may sell your ticket to someone in the same role and notify us of the name change by 28th March.
- Tickets are for the named person only and can't be split between people.
WHAT TO EXPECT
What you say:
"Bristol Swing Festival is one of the best events I've been to. Not only were the swing lessons terrific, detailed, and fun, just being able to try out some of the wonderful circus skills made it memorable beyond words. All the people were wonderful, inviting, and kind, and I had some brilliant dances. Woo Bristol!"
What we say:
- A blend of Lindy Hop and Circus skills from a team of 50+ teachers. After the main Lindy workshops, the taster classes are in circus skills from stilts to aerial trapeze, juggling to clowning.
- You learn alongside your teachers. The initial concept was of an exchange of skills, and we ask all out teachers to join in as students, so your Lindy teachers will learn Circus with you, and your Circus teachers will learn Lindy with you.
- It's still intimate and personal. There's a marked rise in the super-festivals of 500-1000+ participants, but for us these can start to be a little impersonal and it's easy to feel a bit lost. We keep to a few hundred so you can still (just!) get to mix with everyone.
- The stunning cabarets are a blend of Circus and Lindy Hop, a concept we took to the Edinburgh Festival in 2015 for a successful run of 35 shows!
- It takes place in Bristol, one of the friendliest, and most welcoming dance scenes around. Just ask anyone who has visited, and visited, and visited....
Bristol, United Kingdom
Bristol, United Kingdom