Bereavement by suicide - supporting children, young people and families
Deepen your understanding of the effects of bereavement by suicide on families, and increase your confidence when communicating with bereaved children and families.
- increase awareness of the particular complications of this type of loss
- develop greater confidence in providing support and communicating with families and children
- gain information regarding suicide facts and the myths and gain a better understanding of those more at risk of attempting suicide
- increase awareness of the effect on us when working with those bereaved by suicide
- explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend
This session is suitable for anyone whose work involves supporting those who have experienced this traumatic type of bereavement.
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
Keep in touch
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, the training team at Child Bereavement UK can keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these emails, please
St Botolph Building, London, United Kingdom