Bedpop Repair Shop
Learn from our talented volunteers how to fix your broken toaster or moth-eaten jumper!
This is a drop in event. Book in and turn up any time. You may have to wait for a Fixer to see you- but refreshments will be on hand.
Our volunteers will go through the problem with you and show you the tools and skills to get the job done, and they might even let you loose with a sewing needle or soldering iron! You'll need to stay with your item for the duration of the repair.
We can help with most household items such as:
- clothes, textiles: worn holes, replace broken zip, dropped hems
- toys: teddies and dollies can visit our toy doctor to repair rips, weak joints
- electrical items: small kitchen appliances, hair dryers, small gardening equipment, radios, lamps (no microwaves, sorry!)
- general repairs: small furniture items, tinkering with bikes
- help and tips: We can show you how to set up your sewing machine or maintain your bike, even if you don't have a repair.
Please remember our volunteers are giving us their time for free- they may not be able to repair some things so we might have to turn you away (we hope you’ll stay for a cuppa though!) If you would like to thank our Fixers, you can leave a ‘tip’ to buy them a well earned coffee (Or pint!)
When booking, include as much detail as possible about your repair. This will help us prepare for the day. You’ll need to bring any consumables such as spare parts too.
Parking is free for two hours at Queen's Street Car Park, disabled parking is avaliable at the Community Centre. The Centre has level access.
Last repairs will be accepted just before 4pm, and the event closes at 4.30pm.
--------------- And introducing -----------------
Come along to our art, craft and habidashery swop table, where you can donate leftover materials such as yarn, paint, trimmings, stamps, etc. Please help yourself to donated materials!
Tavistock Community Centre
Princes Street, Bedford, England, United Kingdom