Always On Availability Groups Boot Camp Allan Hirt (MVP) London - 3 Days
Always On Availability Groups (AGs) is a popular choice for SQL Server deployments to achieve highly available databases. With AGs now supported in Standard Edition of SQL Server 2016 or later, AG adoption is on the rise, so it is more important than ever for everyone to understand how to plan, deploy, and administer AGs as anyone implementing SQL Server can now take advantage of this key feature
The Always On Availability Groups Boot Camp prepares attendees for success whether you are using SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, or 2017. Over the course of three days, students will learn:
· How AGs work
· How AGs are different from the other SQL Server availability features, and why AGs still matter in a world with virtualization and the public cloud
· How to plan, deploy, and administer a Windows Server failover cluster, including quorum, since it is the foundation of all Windows Server-based AG configurations
· How AGs on Linux are different, including Pacemaker and the clustering side of the implementation
· How to design AG solutions whether they are on premises (physical or virtual) or in the public cloud, including network, storage, multi-subnet/site, and hybrid configurations
· How to take advantage of the additional capabilities offered by AGs such as backups and read only replicas
· When and how to take advantage of Distributed Availability Groups
· How to administer, monitor, and troubleshoot AGs
· Best practices, tips, and tricks that can be put to use immediately
No boot camp would be complete without hands on experience. Each student gets their own lab environment with virtual machines to work through lab exercises specifically designed to reinforce the instructional content, and provide experience based on real world scenarios. Where possible, the lab exercises offer multiple levels of difficulty since each student may be at different places in their experience with AGs. You will need to bring your own laptop to do the lab exercises. Specs on what you will need will be sent as it gets closer to the date.
Whether you are an accidental DBA or new to SQL Server, someone looking to brush up their existing skills, or just want to learn the latest and greatest, there is no better class for achieving your goals than Always On Availability Groups Boot Camp.
SQL Server mission critical expert Allan Hirt is a dual Microsoft MVP (Data Platform; Cloud and Datacenter Management) as well as a VMware vExpert. He has been working with and helping customers using SQL Server since 1992 when it was still a Sybase product. Allan is the founder of SQLHA LLC which provides consulting and training worldwide on all mission critical topics such as virtualization and hybrid configurations, architectures, high availability, and disaster recovery, and is the author of numerous books, whitepapers, and articles.
70 Clifton Street, London, England, United Kingdom