AUTPLAY® THERAPY: An Integrative Family Therapy Approach.
AutPlay® Therapy; An Integrative Family Therapy Approach
2 day Training event IN PERSON with Dr Grant himself. The venue may change (but it will be in Sheffield City centre- close to the train station, and within walking distance to the Novotel)
Become a Certified in Autplay Therapy after the 2 days!
AutPlay® Therapy Certification Training
Description: This is an intensive certification training that focuses on teaching the AutPlay Therapy protocol, an integrative family play therapy approach to working with children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder, neurodevelopmental disorders, and other developmental disabilities. AutPlay Therapy emphasizes a neurodiverse approach and harnesses the therapeutic powers of play to help address issues common for autistic children and their families.
This training presents an overview of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. How to build relationship and assess (utilizing several AutPlay inventories) for target goal areas is covered along with parent and child co-change agent processes. Goal areas of connection, emotional regulation, and social navigation are described with example play therapy interventions for each area. The three progressive phases are presented (intake and assessment, structured play interventions, and termination).
Parent/family/child involvement is explained with protocol for working with parents and children as partners in the process. The AutPlay Therapy Follow Me Approach is explained which details how to work with children with little to no engagement and attunement ability creating special play times to improve connection and relationship development. Additional components such as theoretical underpinnings, understanding dysregulation, improving regulation ability, research, and case examples are covered. Several play therapy interventions are explained and demonstrated through session video clips. Experiential experiences are presented, and case conceptualization and planning are discussed.
Once you have registered for the training, you will be emailed a pre-training form with a few instructions before your two-day in-person training. This includes instructions for purchasing and reading the book AutPlay Therapy for Children and Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum by Robert Jason Grant prior to your training. The book reading is worth 2 non-contact CE Hrs.
1) Explain autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental disorders.
2) Describe the components of AutPlay Therapy including: conducting an AutPlay Therapy session, theoretical underpinnings, phases of treatment, assessment and screening instruments, and goal planning.
3) Describe the three common primary and three secondary target areas of AutPlay Therapy.
4) Identify several structured play therapy interventions to use for addressing target areas.
5) Discuss how to involve parents and other family members as co-change agents (partners).
6) Describe the AutPlay model of dysregulation
7) Identify play therapy interventions to address dysregulation issues.
8) Implement the AutPlay Follow Me Approach, designed for children with limited engagement and attunement ability.
9) Describe how to work with parents in implementing AutPlay Follow Me play times at home.
10) Explain research and evidence based practices in AutPlay Therapy.
11) Outline the theoretical underpinnings of AutPlay, including seminal play therapy theories and other integrated methods.
12) Identify at least 6 AutPlay interventions to increase experiential knowledge.
CE Hours: This training is approved for 14 contact CE hrs applicable to the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC), the Association for Play Therapy (APT), and IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate). The independent AutPlay book reading portion of this training is approved for 2 non-contact CE hrs applicable to the Association for Play Therapy (APT), and IBCCES (Certified Autism Specialist and Autism Certificate).
AutPlay Therapy has been successful in improving AutPlay target areas in children and adolescents with many neurodevelopmental and dysregulation issues including:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Sensory Processing Challenges
- Intellectual Developmental Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder
- Tourette Syndrome
- Learning Disorders
- Social Disorders
- impulsive Disorders
More information can be found on the Autplay Webiste- www.autplaytherapy.com or on the Autplay youtube Channel.
This is the only UK event planned this year.