APMP Foundation course & exam – Leeds - 27 April 2020 - Strategic Proposals
APMP Foundation is the first step on the path to professional certification for specialists in bid and proposal management. It's widely viewed as an essential addition to your CV by many in the industry.
To date, nearly 10,000 bid and proposal staff worldwide have attained this qualification - and we've trained over 2,500 of them.
We receive outstanding feedback on our courses - which draw on our extensive real-world experience of helping teams to win bids and to build better proposal capabilities. So, join us to explore the latest best practice and industry insights - and to gain new ideas to help you on your future bids!
Course content and structure
Our one-day event will lead you through APMP's syllabus, maximising your chance of passing. After explaining how the exam process works, the course covers each APMP's key competency areas in turn:
- Information research and management
- Sales orientation
You'll sit the multiple-choice, open-book exam at the end of the afternoon. We'll then mark your papers straight away, before feeding back your results 1:1.
The course is presented by our Managing Director, award-winning trainer
Before the course, we'll send you a link to access APMP's online 'Study Guide'. This pre-reading is recommended, rather than mandatory, but some candidates prefer to familiarise themselves with some of the association's terminology before the day.
Once you've passed, you'll receive an electronic certificate; APMP members will also receive a digital badge and will be entitled to use the designation 'CF APMP'.
Choosing the right booking option
You'll need to have at least one year's experience working in a bid / proposal environment to be eligible to sit the exam. Three options are available:
- Member rate - the cheapest route overall: £495.00 plus VAT and Eventbrite's booking fee. To qualify for this rate, you must have enrolled as a member of APMP before the date of the course. (Membership costs $155 via apmp.org and this is not included in our course fee.)
- Non-member rate: £650.00 plus VAT and Eventbrite's booking fee. You do not need to be a member of APMP to attend at this rate, but won't be allowed to use the "CF APMP" designation and won't have on-going access to APMP's materials, webinars and events.
- Corporate pre-paid rate: £295 plus VAT and Eventbrite's booking fee. This is only for candidates whose companies have already pre-paid for exam fees as part of a corporate membership of APMP, and we'll need written evidence of this from you.
Your course fee includes the training, refreshments and lunch, course handouts, and two textbooks (APMP Study Guide & Glossary, which we'll give you on the day). The member and non-member rates also include your exam fee.
We have to order printed materials and confirm numbers to the venue well in advance. We appreciate the pressures of life in bids and proposals, but we're sure you'll appreciate that we can't end up being left out-of-pocket for costs we can't recover. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- You may cancel your place at no cost up to 7 days in advance; you'll receive a full refund of all the costs other than EventBrite's booking fee.
- If you cancel less than 7 days before the event, no refund is payable (as by then we'll already have ordered all the materials for you) - but you're welcome, at no cost, to nominate a colleague to attend in your place.
As part of the certification process, we'll need to share your information with both the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) and APMG International (who adminster the exam on APMP's behalf). By booking onto the course, you consent to us doing so.
Do send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the event. We look forward to welcoming you to the course.