The AHP SW Massive - The Future belongs to the Curious
This event is aimed at AHP's across the South West from all 14 professions. It will include a morning of presentations around our key themes, plus time to network, share success and breakout afternoon sessions.
09:00 – 09:20
Arrival and Registration-sign up to breakout sessions
09:20 – 09:30
Host Welcome & Intro to event
BNSSG AHP Council Chair
09:30 – 10:15
AHP update (National/Regional)
Deputy Chief AHP Officer NHS England
10:15 – 10:45
Our Allied Health Professional Job Planning Journey
Nick Lane – Head of Therapies Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Anneka Edmondson – Deputy Head of Therapies Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
10:45 – 11:10 Coffee/ Network (sign up to breakout sessions)
11:10 – 11:40
Overcoming the challenges of recruitment and retention via a collaborative approach
Head of Podiatry and Orthotics services
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
11:40 – 12:00
Non-Medical Prescribing: where are we now and where are we heading?
Non-Medical Prescribing Lead - Royal Devon and Exeter Foundation NHS Trust
Clinical Fellow (Independent Prescribing Review) – Health Education England
12:00 – 12:45
Lightening Talks – Sharing Success
- Innovation and developments in Cancer Rehab: Exciting times ahead
- Improving the Gloucestershire stroke pathway – asking and answering difficult questions!
- Theatre Based Simulations Project
(10 mins with 5 mins Q&A)
Cancer Clinical Project Manager, NHS South Central & West Commissioning Support Unit
Clinical Lead Therapist , Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group
Lucie Behn- theodpblogger
Operating Dept Practitioner
12:45 – 13:20 Lunch and Poster/Networking
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
Delegates are able to attend two breakout sessions that they will sign up to earlier in the day. The aim of these sessions is to maximise information sharing, ideas generation and collaboration across the SW AHP network.
Each session lasts 40 minutes. Tables will have a designated facilitator/lead and by the end of the session the intention is to identify next step actions to take away.
Breakout Sessions will include:
- Curiosity – the Elephant in the room. AHP vs uni-professional. Interactive discussions and debate to establish priorities and challenges moving forward
- Advanced Clinical Practice – An opportunity to engage with Chris Doncom Health Education England Associate Workforce Transformation Lead (south west) leading on the ACP agenda.
- Non-Medical Prescribing – opportunities, challenges and next step actions with Sally Jarmaine Clinical Fellow (Independent Prescribing Review) – Health Education England
- Job Planning - opportunity to interact with Nick Lane – Head of Therapies Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust & Anneka Edmondson – Deputy Head of Therapies Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Inspiring the future – Exploring the benefits of thinking outside the box including opportunity to experience VR work experience kit. Juliet Sturgess HEE AHP Small and Vital Leadership Fellow and Oli Colbourne-Laight Digital Project Officer Torbay.
- Spread Academy– Join the SW Academic Health Science Network (AHSN) to engage in a taster workshop based on the Spread Academy 3-day residential course for leaders of large-scale change.
13:20 – 14:05
14:05 – 14:15 Tea/Coffee – grab a drink to take to your next session!
14:15 – 15:00
15:00 – 15:20
Actions at the ready and next steps
HEE AHP leadership Fellow
15:20 – 15:30
BNSSG AHP Council Chair