ACEs WIRRAL Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma-Informed Practice.
OCN Credit 4 Learning 6 hrs equivalent CPD accredited 'Working with ACEs' Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences and Understanding the basics of Trauma-Informed Practice and Neuroplasticity. Training Day LEVEL 2
8:55 am - 4:15 pm
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE BOOK YOURS NOW!
This essential ACEs training is a one-day level 2 accredited training course suitable for all staff working in; Education, Healthcare, Social Care, 3rd Sector, Police, Probation, Voluntary services, Judicial System, Support Services, and also for all parents, University students, and front line services.
Recent feedback about this course is here:
' One of the best Inset days we have had', 'I really enjoyed the course; a good range of dialogue, commentary, video, and activities, ' ''Inspiring and a difficult subject delivered with a good mixture of breaks, humour, knowledge and specific to our sector,' ' One of the most interesting and informative training sessions I have attended in 20 years of my career working with young people.'
What are the learning objectives and content of this course?
Each course is personalised to the local area.
The training helps you to:
- Identify the range of ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) used in the CDC-Kaiser ACEs Study
- Know how ACEs affect long-term health
- Know what can be done to prevent ACEs
- Know who should be screening for ACEs
- Review a Shared Language for Trauma-Informed Practice and Adverse Childhood
- Know how to support recovery from ACEs including a review of the Pentagon model (Prevent, Detect, Protect, Manage, Recover)
- Know how to build resilience
- Understand the basics of Trauma-Informed Practice
- Understand the basics of Neuroplasticity
This training also includes;
*World Health Organization Adverse Childhood Experiences International Questionnaire (ACE-IQ) Question-by-Question Guide. World Health Organization guidelines for interviewers on how to ask the ACE questions.
ACEs ARE ABOUT MORE THAN TICKING BOXESWorld Health Organization. Adverse Childhood Experiences International Questionnaire. In Adverse Childhood Experiences International Questionnaire (ACE-IQ). [website]: Geneva: WHO, 2018.
* The additional World Health Organization information is provided for study reference only and is not intended as an authoritative guide or instruction for ACEs screening to be conducted by non-qualified staff.
The course will include:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Personal testimony of a CSA survivor
- ACEs anonymous questionnaire
- Short breaks and Lunch break
- Small group activities
- Large group activities
- Video presentations
- Group discussion
- Multiple choice test
- Training materials for further study
- 3 year validated OCN CPD Certificate
- 3 years ongoing email support
- FREE copy of the book
ACEs in the shadows
- Tea and Coffee on arrival only.
The training is provided by:
collegeoflife.co.uk in association with totaltrain.co.uk
This Course is cited in the
2018 Cumbria Public Health report.
The course fee covers Room Hire, Certification Provision & Registration, Certificate Valid 3 Years, Morning coffee/tea on arrival and a copy of the book: ACEs in the shadows - Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences.
PLEASE BRING A PACKED LUNCH WITH YOU AS THIS IS NOT INCLUDED.
Please bring cold drinks with you for the rest of the day if required.
REFUNDS PAID IF THE EVENT IS CANCELLED
We are happy to transfer your paid fee to an alternative delegate if you are unable to attend.
Consesssions for UNEMPLOYED, STUDENTS, or MULTIPLE BOOKINGS may be available upon request.