2 Day Foundation Course: Solution Focused Practice
SF PRACTICE - 2-DAY FOUNDATION PROGRAMME
BRIEF’s 2-day Foundation Programme in Solution Focused Practice is just about enough to kick of your future as a Solution Focused Practitioner. It will certainly leave with a good understanding of the basic Solution Focused principles and practices and a set of skills ready for immediate use.
Our courses are very responsive to each group of participants so no course is the same. However, they will all cover the following:
- Establishing the client’s hoped-for outcome
- How to elicit a description of the client’s hoped-for future
- Taking a new look at the past to support the hoped-for future
- Using Solution Focused scales to connect past, present and possible future
- Unearthing those resources likely to be useful in the client’s future life
- Exploring progress in follow-up sessions
- Treating every session, including the first, as possibly the last
You will also be taught how to apply these skills within your everyday working life taking into account such crucial factors as safety and other statutory and organizational obligations and duties.
What makes all this happen is the very high level of participation on the course. Because solution focused interviewing is like a craft it can only be understood through practice. Over the four days you will spend hours in pairs and small groups doing Solution Focused interviewing with each other. It is this which makes it almost impossible for you not to be in some way profoundly touched by the experience. It also means that you will know exactly what your clients are likely to experience when you get back to work.