2 Day Advanced Communication Skills Training - 14-15 October 2021
In light of strict social distancing and restricted footfall measures at The Christie, moving forward we are extending our offering of virtual facilitation for our forthcoming programme of workshops. Our trademark small group, experiential learning experience, facilitated by expert senior trainers will be re-created in real time in a virtual learning environment.
This exciting transition enables our world class communication skills workshops to be accessed by all healthcare professionals, regardless of location UK or overseas and will continue to support our ethos: keeping effective communication at the heart of patient-centred care.
This popular course provides an opportunity to discuss evidence-based communication skills and models that support personalised care and shared decision-making. This includes opportunities to test these out in a safe and supportive learning environment
- SPIKES plus an evidence-based patient-centred model for all consultations
- Facilitative communication skills
- Strategies for delivering complex information, breaking bad news, advanced care planning, handling anger or distress, challenging colleagues
- The impact of communication on patient outcomes
- Identifying challenges when communicating with patients, relatives/carers and colleagues
- SPIKES plus - an evidence-based consultation structure
- Facilitative communication skills for managing difficult conversations
Virtual workshops are fully facilitated throughout by Maguire Senior Trainers. Offering equitable learning, aims and outcomes to the face to face experience.
- Experiential learning
- Discussion of evidence-base
- Practice sessions
- Individual discussion and feedback
Senior health and social care staff at band 6 (NHS) and above
Email email@example.com Call 0161 446 3773
Booking Terms & Conditions
- Your place will only be confirmed when The Christie receives payment or the production of an official purchase order. Please DO NOT book a place unless you have approval from your manager AND confirmation that your trust are willing to pay your delegate fees.
- Once your place is confirmed, you will be notified by email. Please ensure that we hold a valid email address for you.
- Joining instructions will be sent via email two to four weeks before the course commences.
- Payment must be made before the course commences. We reserve the right to cancel a booking in the case of non-receipt of payment prior to the first day of the course.
- In the event of a cancellation: A charge of 25% of the course fee will be made for cancellations up to 6 weeks prior to the workshop date; a charge of 50% of the course fee will be made between 4 and 6 weeks prior to the workshop; no refund will be given for cancellation within 4 weeks of the workshop; suitable replacement delegates will be accepted up to 1 day prior to the course
Click here to view the